Curcumin is one of the major ingredients of Curcumin Longa- an Indian spice turmeric which is also a type of ginger. There are three curcuminoids in turmeric, curcumin, desmethoxycurcumin and bis-desmethoxycurcumin. These three are said to have powerful health benefits which makes them increasingly popular these days. If you are reading this article, then most probably you are asking yourself the question where can I buy curcumin? Contrary to popular belief, curcumin is very easy to find. It might have originated in Southeast and South Asia, but it has already found its way to the western world years ago due to its amazing effects and the benefits of curcumin supplements.
Top Benefits of Curcumin
Numerous reliable studies have already confirmed the health benefits of curcumin on the body and brain. It is also considered as one of the most effective nutritional supplements available today. Here are some of the most notable benefits of curcumin:
- Curcumin is the most important compound found in turmeric. Curcumin turmeric is a common ingredient in many dishes around the world. This is also its main active ingredient, although its presence is not that high in turmeric. This is a very strong antioxidant and a very effective anti-inflammatory too. The only catch is that curcumin is poorly absorbed into the bloodstream. It is therefore recommended that you take it together with a substance which will enhance its absorption, such as piperine. Since it is fat soluble, you can take it with a fatty meal.
- Curcumin is an effective anti-inflammatory. Actually, it is powerful enough to match the effectiveness of several anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Curcumin has strong antioxidant properties. This helps neutralize free radicals and boost the activity of the body’s antioxidant enzymes.
- Curcumin is said to help lower the risk of certain brain diseases and improve its cerebral function as well. Brain-Derived Neutrophic Factor (BDNF) is a type of growth hormone in the brain, and curcumin helps in increasing the body’s levels of this component. This is very effective in reversing brain diseases and helps delay age-related decreases in brain function.
- According to some research, curcumin can help prevent cancer, heart diseases and Alzheimer’s, thus prolonging a person’s life.
- Curcumin can help relieve joint pains caused by arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. Studies also showed that it can help improve these conditions.
- Curcumin is an effective anti-depressant. It also boosts serotonin and dopamine, which are brain neurotransmitters.
Here are some of the best curcumin supplements you might want to try.
High Absorption Curcumin by Doctor’s Best
Each bottle of High Absorption Curcumin contains 120 tablets with 1000 milligrams per tablet. In addition to curcumin, this also contains piper nigrum (Black pepper fruit) and BioPerine® as well as Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Modified Cellulose Coting and Silicone Dioxide. For a higher absorption, this should be taken once a day with food. This is often cited as one of the the top-rated curcumin supplements, since it is one of the most easily absorbed curcumin capsules.
There Are Countless Benefits to Taking This Supplement
- This contains Curcumin C3 Complex®, which is a standardized extract of the Curcuma Longa root, which also supplies 95% of the total curcuminoids.
- This is a powerful antioxidant which supports both cell and tissue health. This is done by fighting the free radicals- one of the foremost curcumin benefits.
- This contains BioPerine®, which is an extract of the Black Pepper Fruit containing 95 – 98 percent piperine, which is a known natural bio enhancer.
Curcumin from Turmeric Root Extract by NOW
This curcumin supplement is guaranteed to have standardized extracts from turmeric roots. This contains 95% curminoids, which make it more powerful and effective than the competition. Each bottle contains 120 vegetable capsules with 665 milligrams per capsule. This also contains Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate and Silica. This is recommended to be taken 1 to 2 times daily with food for increased effectiveness. However, this form of curcumin should not be taken by pregnant or nursing women or those who are taking medications, unless allowed by their doctors. There are some negative side effects of curcumin that need to be avoided. Turmeric side effects in women are especially severe. For most people, if they follow the curcumin dosages, however, they should be fine and will be able to avoid the potential dangers of turmeric consumption.
This product is intended to help maintain a healthy cardiovascular system and support overall health. It also contains antioxidant properties as proven by several scientific researches. It has been proven to boost the body’s well-being in a natural and safe manner.