What is nitric oxide? This is a compound known as nitrogen monoxide or nitrogen oxide or NO. The molecular chemical compound contains nitrogen, which is a colorless gas. To humans and all other mammals, this is an important cellular signaling molecule used in many different pathological and physiological processes. Nitric oxide is also a powerful vasodilator with a short half-life of a few seconds in the blood. Low levels of NO are important in protecting the body’s organs, which is in contrary to how most people think of. However, it is also important to note that excessive amounts of nitrogen oxide can be extremely dangerous. In fact, this is also classified as an extremely hazardous substance in the United States and is strictly monitored. If you want to know how does nitric oxide work, then read on.
What Does Nitric Oxide Do to My Body?
Nitrogen oxide is a molecule being produced by the body to help all 50 trillion cells communicate with each other. It does this by transmitting signals throughout the entire body.
What Are the Nitric Oxide Benefits?
This chemical may seem unnecessary to us, but it actually plays a significant role in our body and health in many amazing ways. Here are some benefits of nitric oxide:
- The best nitric oxide offers cardiovascular benefits. This one of the most notable health benefits of this chemical. Nitroglycerin works by releasing nitric oxide in the body, which relaxes thinned blood vessels, therefore increasing blood flow and oxygen. Nitric oxide is also produced in the body, however, if you have atherosclerosis, your body’s capacity to produce it is diminished.
- Nitric oxide aids in improving erectile dysfunction. Impotence is a leading cause of concern among men of all ages. Impotence, needless to say, is unhealthy. This is often caused by aged arteries that pump blood to the sexual organs. Impotence medications, such as Viagra, are common aids for these problems. They work by causing enzymatic reactions in the nitric oxide pathway, which allows more blood flow and creates better erections.
- Increasing your body’s nitric supply helps in regulating blood pressure. It dilates the arteries to allow a normal blood pressure.
- This causes better cerebral behavior and memory by transmitting information between the nerve cells in the brain.
- It helps reduce inflammation.
- It makes the immune system stronger by helping fight off bacteria. It also defends the body from tumors.
- It improves sleep quality and is very helpful to those experiencing insomnia.
- It increases strength and endurance, offering benefits for bodybuilding.
- It helps the sense organs to become more perceptive.
How Do I Increase My Body’s Nitric Oxide?
Aside from taking a nitric oxide supplement (such as those containing either nitrate oxide or creatine), which is the easiest way, you can increase your body’s nitric oxide supply by exercising. When you exercise, the heart pumps blood at a higher pressure, which allows your arterial lining to release more nitric oxide in the blood. This helps relax and widen your vessel wall too, permitting more blood flow. You can also eat foods high in nitric oxide. This will not give you as many nitric oxide benefits, though, as taking supplements would.